Life in Divisoria

Today I visited Nano, an artist friend of mine, who lives in Tondo. He used to live along Juan Luna on the otherside but now his family bought a new house on the Tondo side of Juan Luna.

I guess there must be a trend to the outward migration of pinoys and chinoys from Divisoria. I have a feeling that the place will be colonized by mainlanders from China in a few years time. You see them everywhere already.

Most of the wholesale shop owners were laughing at the government's futile attempts to regulate the prices in the area. Since transport fares will rise next month, the government made a survey asking if the goods in Divisoria would also be effected. Obviously everyone would be affected by the price increase, but in a super-cut throat-competitive market such as Divisoria... you can't afford to rise your prices or else you will run out of business in a matter of days.

No comments: