Oyster Cake

Today a Chinese friend introduced me to an interesting restaurant in Binondo. Its a small restaurant called 'Sincerity'. Its an old place but I haven't really noticed it much. The restaurant's specialty is its fried chicken, as well as its oyster cake.

My friend and I ordered half a chicken, as well as bola-bola (meat ball) soup. I noticed that other customers were ordering oyster cake (or o-wa-chien in the local Chinese dialect). At first I thought it was just scrambled egg but my friend told me that it was oyster cake.

I then remembered my dad bringing home that stuff. I never knew it was oyster cake and I found it strange. But my friend explained that it was oyster and eggs fried together. I still was reluctant to order it.

But aside from that, the chicken was good. It was crunchy and tastes like cheese (or something like that). The soup had a plain taste but it was a good contrast to the sweet chicken (as well as the catsup).

No comments: