Driving a truck

Ever since our driver had gone AWOL, we have been having problems with the delivery of our goods. I would volunteer to drive one of our jeeps to Divisoria to delivery some of our stuff to clients. But I never tried driving one of those big delivery trucks (four-wheeled) before.

My parents insisted that I drive the truck today, since there are tons of orders that needed to be made. I wanted to drive the jeep but it could not be used (because of the color coding scheme). I told them I don't know how to drive the truck. Since the truck works differently -- (1) the reverse clutch is somewhere in the first gear, (2) the mirrors are way to far for me to see (and adjust) and (3) the switches looked confusing.

I do want to learn how to drive the truck, but unfortunately, my license has a restriction, limiting me to drive smaller vehicles (less than two tons). I promised my folks I would help deliver the orders tomorrow, when the jeep is available. Hopefully I would find some way of learning how to drive larger vehicles soon.

No comments: