When the elder Tsinoys heard about another hurricane entering the U.S., they all agreed that it was the U.S.'s karma. This is what America gets for interfering with other countries, and also for their imperialist attitudes towards the Philippines and China (who else?). With Hurricane Rita arriving at Texas, the U.S. is getting ready with another major calamity. Call it karma or divine retribution against's America's atrocities to the world, but why is karma inflicting its vengenace on the regular joes?
I'm sure the U.S. had survived a few deadly hurricanes before, but why were they caught off guard with these recent ones? Watching the storm on T.V. made me compare it to the typhoons we have in the Philippines. And as a third world country, we managed to cope well with such natural disasters.
I think karma, like God, works in mysterious ways. Perhaps its about time that America gets what it deserves... perhaps they are reaping the results of their own mistakes... At least most of the Tsinoys I know are not living in Texas, but in Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment