New Lego Toys

I grew up playing Lego. I was seven or eight when my aunt gave me my first Lego set. It was a factory/construction set, with various cogs, wheels, and battery-powered motors. I used this basic set to create things from cars, boats, spaceships, and miniaturized towns. In the following years, I got more Lego sets from my relatives. I got a Lego Castle box set from my Uncle and a Lego Technic Car from my Godfather.

I could say that playing with Lego helped me develop a good imagination. It helped me create different worlds and objects. I remember bring some friends over to my house and we'd spend the afternoon paying with my Lego set (this was before the advent of Atari and Apple computers).

I stopped playing Lego but I still kept an eye out for new Lego sets. Over the years, I've seen Lego expand into all sorts of themes. From pirate ships and ninja temples to Star Wars and Harry Potter sets. These newer sets look interesting but they are a bit expensive. They are also composed of bigger pieces, which can be easily assembled. There's not that much challenge to make them.

Currently, Lego has expanded its line to cover other cartoon-related products. There are Lego versions of "Avatar the Last Airbender", "Batman", and even "Spongebob". Here are some of the products I discovered in the Lego dot com website.


("The Air Temple" from Avatar the Last Airbender)


("Bikini Bottom" from Spongebob)


("Arkham Asylum" from Batman)

These new sets are nice and I want to look at the actual sets. Unfornuately Gift Gate is not selling any new Lego models right now. I think they are disposing of their old lego stocks. The good news is that Gift Gate is selling small packs of Lego at 99 pesos per pack. It's a good bargain for those who are starting their lego collection or those who looking for particular lego parts.

No comments: