Working with Colors



Back in college I learned that I suck at color coordination. I was going through our practicum and our group was producing/selling bags. I was the purchasing manager of our practicum group; that meant I had to go to Divisoria and buy cloth to be used as material for the bags.

It was an unnerving experience because I always bought the wrong kind of cloth. Rather than be supportive (and accompany me to buy the cloth in Divisoria), my group mates complained about the materials I bought. They always criticized my tastes and that I do not know how to work with colors. To be honest, I don't know anything about color combination. I don't know how to match a blue outer design with a yellow lining inside. Or why a red zipper does not look cool in a blue colored bag.

Now that I am working in a project that requires me to do some photoshop reworking, I am facing that same kind of pressure. I would prefer to work with black and white images or pictures (at least I only have to deal with varying shades of black). At least I would get a chance to work with basic colors (again) and try to figure out how they match with one another.

No comments: