Today we had our fire drill at the office. The blasted alarm began ringing while we were writing. Our team looked at one another, thinking the same thing -- should we ignore the fire drill to meet our deadline, or go down with the other people in the building?
It was a brief walk down the stairs (from the 8th floor to the ground floor). My co-workers began swapping fire drill stories. One of them used to work at the forty-something floor and they were forced to use the stairs (by the time they reached the ground, their legs were all shaking). Another one confessed that they used the time for the fire drill to go malling at SM.
We went to the lobby, along with the other tenants of the building. I saw some of the tenants buying food from street vendors, smoking at the walkway, and taking group pictures with their phones and digital cameras.
I think fire drills are helpful but I doubt if people would react in a logical and orderly manner in a real fire situation. Personally I would panic -- grab all my stuff and run down the stairs, ignoring other people. I'm guessing my officemates would do the same thing too.
No comments:
Post a Comment