Playing Talecraft

I was introduced to Talecraft during the NWA 2007 convention by Dek's friends. It's a wonderful pack of cards that helps people create impromptu stories. Writers can also use the deck to help inspire them and create better stories. I got the chance to see Lyndon tell a story using several cards he picked from the Talecraft deck.

Basically, the deck is divided into three types of cards - the genre cards (fantasy, historical, romance, gothic, etc), the character cards (different types of protagonists and antagonists), and story elements (from props to symbols that must play a major part in the story). From what I understand, players are to draw one genre card, two to three character cards, and six story elements. Then the players try to create story based on the cards that are drawn out.

A couple of days ago, I saw several pack of Talecraft cards being sold at the local card shop. Luckily I had some extra money and decided to buy a set for myself. I haven't really played with the set much, except look at the art. I could say the drawings on the cards are good, but they resemble anime art.

Hopefully I'll get to explore the cards soon, I think this is one game that I'll enjoy playing.

No comments: