
This illustration is one of Rodel Tapaya's new paintings featured in the gallery. The exhibit is entitled "FOLKgotten Myths & Tales" which runs from February 9 to March 1.
Obviously, the paintings in the exhibit are all inspired by local folk tales. Looking over these works made me remember those old fairy tales I used to read back in school.
I began to look over Tapaya's past work and found another set of paintings that appealed to me.

This painting belongs to Tapaya's exhibit called "Parables". There are a dozen other types of paintings like this, which I found intriguing and interesting.
Aside from Rodel Tapaya, I was drawn to the works of another artist in the virtual gallery.

This charcoal sketch is one of twenty plus drawings made by Kiko Escora. These sketches are part of Escora's "Map of the Problematique" exhibit.
Each and every one of his charcoal sketch depicts a person who's face is either fully or partially covered. For me, these portraits appear to have a live and personality of their own. As if they have their own secret stories to tell.
Browsing over these paintings inspired me today. These drawings made me remember old stories and memories, as well as look a things and people in a new light.
No comments:
Post a Comment