Yesterday was Good Friday. I asked my parents if they wanted to get out of the house and unwind a bit. They told me that most of the malls and establishments were closed. Then I suggested Tagaytay and the two of them agreed immediately.
We went to Tagaytay that afternoon. Left the house around 12:45 pm and zoomed our way pass EDSA, Roxas Blvd, and Coastal Road. The roads were deserted and we were in Cavite in less than thirty minutes.
Arrived at Tagaytay after an hour. And the place was one huge traffic mess. I felt like I was back in Manila, with all the motorcycles, SUVs, and cars inching our way through the main road.
We went strolling at the Picnic Grove, along with a hundred (or maybe a thousand) other people. My dad brought his old Kodak camera and we started posing at the observatory deck, overlooking the tiny islet/volcano.
I suggested going to the other side of the city, but my parents gave up on the traffic. They became impatient and decided to go back home. But before we left, we bought some fruits and veggies from the roadside vendors (while waiting for the traffic to subside).
We left the city after waiting for an hour in the traffic. It was all smooth driving after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment