Scouting around for bargain chairs

I've been searching for a wooden chair for the past two weeks. Our bedroom chair collapsed from old age -- one of its wobbly legs finally broke away and I decided to look for a new replacement.

At first I thought I could buy a nice wooden chair for around 500 to 600 hundred bucks, but I was wrong.

The wooden chairs at SOGO and Blims costs around 2k to 3k. The plastic, foldable chairs at Ace Hardware costs around 600 to 900 bucks. I realized that wood costs a lot more than plastic or metal.

So after window-shopping in the malls, I decided to go chair hunting online. I searched for second-hand chairs over ebay, bidshot, and the HMR website. There are a lot of bargains online and I took my time to look for something that I want.

Eventually I realized that I'd stick to my budget of 500 to 600 pesos, and I can settle for a nice decent chair (wooden or not) that has a nice cushion.

And I found the chair I wanted at Office Busters Philippines (http://www.licagroup.net/officebusters/index.html).

Like HMR, Office Busters sells second hand office furnitures from Japan. The store is located along Pasong Tamo extension and has tons of office stuff -- ranging from cabinets, chairs, tables, printers and copiers.

I drove there, hoping to find a suitable chair and I found tons of stuff. The store looks more like a warehouse with different types of furniture piled up on top of each other. There were a lot of second hand cabinets and tables, but there were some new ones as well.

In the end, I found the chair that I wanted. It wasn't made of wood, but it was sturdy, nice looking, and has cushions. And it cost me six hundred pesos.

No comments: