Disposing old computer parts. I guess everyone encounters this sort of problem whenever they upgrade their home computers.
Ever since I got a new Dual Core (2GB Memory and 160 GB Hard drive) PC, I've put away my old computer and placed into the closet of "old items to be donated or thrown away". Honestly, I find it hard to get rid old electronic equipments.
It would just be wrong to dump the unit outside the road, for the garbage man to collect. The computer is still working and it is not considered as worthless junk, yet.
Donating the computer was another idea that crossed my mind. I made a list of schools/institutions that might need the unit. Unfortunately, the system has no operating system. I am using my licensed Windows XP on the new PC.
I thought of selling the entire unit, but buyers rarely purchase 2nd hand computers, unless the units are sold super cheap (like maybe 1k or less).
Jen suggested that I still keep the unit for Aaron and the other baby. She thinks that the equipment can still operate for two or three more years. Aaron could use the computer to watch videos and play toddler/educational games.
So now I'm unpacking my old computer and trying to set it up again for my kids. Hopefully the unit would still run (slowly) and make itself useful once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment