Happy Father's Day

It seems rather strange to celebrate the day without the kids or Jen. No, we didn't have a fight or anything like that. We are still yaya-less and still looking.

Jen wanted to take a break. Her parents offered to have the four of us stay at their house for the weekend. My mother-in-law managed to hire one of those part-time house helps -- the ones that stay out and charge P150 to 200 pesos a day. It was nice to have another person look after the kids for a while. Unfortunately, the house-help did not come back the following day (like she promised).

I spent most of the Saturday and Sunday morning at her folk's apartment. A couple of neighbors told us that they knew someone who wanted to apply as yayas. So we spent Saturday and Sunday hoping that they'd show up with the house help.

Well, it's now Monday and we are still waiting.

Anyway, I spent Father's day with my parents and Jen's family. I treated my dad to a breakfast meal at Little Store. Both of us ordered some sticky rice, crab meat, and black chicken misua. I returned to my in-law's apartment and spent most of the afternoon there.

Jen was still hoping that the yaya would arrive. I decided to go home first and prepare the house for their arrival. Hours passed and still no news. By seven thirty, we all grew tried of waiting. I called up Jen and we both decided that they stay another night at her parents' apartment.

So I spent the rest of the night alone, cleaning the house (as well as the Lego and Duplo pieces we bought from the garage sale).

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

belated happy father's day! :)

rmacapobre said...

i miss papa after all ..