An Online Community Dedicated to Collaborative Learning

I came upon Wikiversity by accident. I was researching course materials for technical writing when I found this interesting website that promotes open (free) educational learning to everyone. Much like Wikipedia, this site was built to store information on different topics.

I like the concept of free learning for everyone. I think everyone is entitled to education and this site is one good step towards that goal.

Imagine having students logging on to their computers and access their daily classes online. A lot of university classes are already taking this mode of learning, specially distance learning education (where students from one country can take courses from a school in another country). This wiki site has a grand goal to make learning available for everyone at no cost. I think it is possible if there are a lot of professors who would be willing to contribute their knowledge to the site, sharing what they know for free.


Currently, the site is still underdeveloped. A lot of information from different subjects are still missing. It would be nice to have a free online learning site that contains modules and lessons to aid its readers in learning.

I think the wiki site can use online quizzes or exercise questions, much like other LMS courses. These lessons can become more interesting and entertaining with additional learning exercises, videos, forums, and other tools that encourage student participation.

No comments: