Donating Old Books and Old Computers

I thought I would post about a local non-profit NGO that works to provide education for under-privileged children living in conflicted regions populated by extremists and insurgents. Kris Library (Kristiyano-Islam Peace Library) offers scholarship programs and educational projects for hundreds of students in Zamboanga city, Davao city, and other parts of the country.

They are accepting donations to support their scholars, build/maintain their libraries, and ship materials to the province. I think the worst form of child abuse is to grow up without access to education, become a victim of poverty, and be subject to the terrors of war and combat.

The organization is accepting old books, old computers, and cash. I gave away some of the kids' old picture books and story books a couple of weeks ago. They have offices/donation centers in Manila and Quezon city. For those who are interested in giving away their old books (or computers), you are click this link for more details.



















(Photo taken from KrisLibrary website)

No comments: