It has been months since I last updated this blog. I admit I was tempted to delete this entire site, along with my other blogs, and terminate my Blogger account (although I doubt if Google allows that). This site has been a dumping ground of my various online and real life experiences, and a testament to my varied / fleeting / whimsical interest in different things.
Part of me wants to erase everything and start all over again, maybe create another blog specific interest, like art or writing or RPGs. But in the end, I decided to keep this original blog and hopefully continue posting new content for 2014.
Honestly 2013 was a good year, despite some bad financial decisions and changes in the family. Anyway, here are some personal updates of what happened to me during the last year:
1. Ahyia and Atchi are now going to two different schools. It's a big adjustment for everyone since Ahyia's classes are in the morning while Atchi's classes are in the afternoon. While there were some adjustments and conflicts, the kids have learned to adapt to school life and we've established a routine that works for all of us.
2. Made some bad investment moves. I shifted some of my money and decided to invest in more risky equity funds. The market started to go down as soon as I signed the deal. It sucks looking at your portfolio and seeing your shares dwindle day by day, but I knew that I was investing for the long term. Hopefully the market would improve in the coming year (or two).
3. Got an unexpected promotion at work. Yes I'm now the head documentation writer in the office. The irony is that I'm that only writer in the office and I now have the power to manage my own work load. I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but I am very grateful for the raise and new title. I hope this will be encourage me to become even more proactive in dealing with my work and my colleagues.
4. Syoti is now one years old. My wife and I feel a sense of accomplishment without the help of a yaya. It's been a tough raising a overly active and rowdy little baby, but we're glad he's in good health.
5. Started a new hobby. I bought some mint and basil seedlings last September. With a bit of experimentation, I manage to get them growing and added a couple of new plants to my small garden. My potato plant died off, but I managed to cultivate several pot of garlic and ginger plants.
That's all for now. I'll write more about my new garden, as well as the other stuff in succeeding entries.
No comments:
Post a Comment