Interesting Find @ Booksale


I found this hardbound comic book for just 170 pesos. The story is set in Cuba 1948, with a young talented piano player falling in love with a beautiful singer with an alluring voice. Their love story brings them to different places like Havana, New York, Paris, and America.

The comic book is adapted from the animated feature of the same name. I have a feeling that the movie is much better than the book, because movies have that audio component that makes the audience listen and appreciate the music and songs. You can't listen to music and songs in a comic book.

Another reason why I bought the book is because I loved the art. Flipping through the pages, I couldn't help but feel attracted to the illustration and the style of drawing. I loved the way the characters are drawn, the sketch of the buildings, the cars, and the simple bright colors really drew me into the book.


No comments: