Quitting Sugar

Two days ago, I decided to stop consuming sugar. It was something I thought I need to do because I do have a sweet tooth problem. My wife noticed that I have been consuming a lot more sugary stuff over the years - from muffins and donuts to sweeten iced tea and fruit juices.

So I am staying away from these sweet treats for now. I don't know how long I plan to do this, but so far it is working out okay. I thought my body would experience major sugar withdrawal but I am doing fine. I noticed that I have moments of low energy and moments of crankiness because my body was searching for something sweet.

I think my body is still adjusting to the absence of sugar, but it is compensating in other ways. I am drinking a lot more water right now. I think the increased water intake has help offset the sugar craving that I am experiencing. I also feel lighter and more thinner, although I think this is just a psychological feeling and not a physical one yet.

I have read a few articles online discussing positive changes that come from quitting sugar. These include things like losing weight and having more energy. But these changes will take time.


No comments: