Quarantine Haircut

Two months into the pandemic, I decided to buy a hair clipper for the family. I figured that our hair would continue to grow despite the unending cycle of lock-downs. 

My dad had been asking me to bring him to the barbershop for his monthly hair maintenance. I would always remind him that the city is in general community quarantine and it would be risky to bring him out and expose him to people.

I realized that my own hair is getting wild and unmanageable. So I decided to look for some decent hair clippers in Lazada or Shopee. Eventually I found someone at Facebook Market, selling a set for five hundred fifty (550) pesos.

 

So what made me decide to buy this China-made "Souke" brand? First of all, the item was within my budget range. It wasn't one of the cheapest nor was it the high-end brands. Second, it had all the accessories that you need to cut hair. The set contains the razor, four comb attachments, scissor, comb, and lubricating oil for the razor.

We have been using the hair clipper for several months now and it is still working fine. I have used it on my parents and my children, except for the scissor (which does not cut hair). If I had charged eighty pesos every time I used the hair clipper, I would have already paid for the cost of the item and made a small profit.

It is amazing how this pandemic has forced us to adapt and learn new ways of living. Like my dad, I would always go to the barbershop every month to have my hair trimmed. But now we have to make the best of the things we have at home and still be grateful for things like a nice hair cut.

No comments: