High School Chinese Essay



This is an essay that I wrote while I was a first year high school student. The essay was published at the local Fil-Chi newspaper (United Daily News) dated February 11, 1987.

I want to love time

Time flies by so fast, one year goes by, we grow a year older. When time passes by, it will never return, that's why we should use our time to do things. Time can change people, but people can never change time. We don't know when our lives would end, but we know that time is precious, unfortunately most people don't know how to use their time. We know that time will never wait for anyone, so when a day passes by, we should try to learn as much as we can. We must use our time wisely, for the things we do today can change our future. A lot of people describe time as flowing water, water that flows down can never flow back up. In this world, our lives are short, so we must use it wisely.

I remember when I was small, when I came home from school, I would immediately turn on the television, I would do my homework later, that's why I would go to sleep around ten'o clock. The next day at school, I won't have the energy to study. But after many years, I grew up, and learned to use my time in studying and doing my homework.

That's why a lot of people use their time to do good things, so that they can become famous and successful individuals. Like Thomas Edison, he used his time to invent things, used his time to study, he never wasted his time, that's why he invented a lot of things, and eventually became a famous scientist. That's why we must use our time wisely, so that we can become successful one day.

Everyone please remember that our time is our life, if we use our time wisely, we are loving our life.

No comments: