What a way to start the week. My usual morning commute to work turned gory when I saw a dead man in the middle of the street, near Ayala's 6750. Apparently the guy was ran over by a bus.
I should have just turned away from the scene but I was curious at what was happening on the other side of the street. The side going to EDSA was practically deserted, except for an empty bus parked on the side of 6750. A couple of MMDA officers were seriously talking to the bus driver.
There was a crowd several meters away. I'm guessing that these were the passengers of the bus, forced to disembark because of the accident.
On the middle of the road lay a dead man, his brain matter scattered all over the ground. The cops should have at least covered the corpse since it was a sad and sickening sight to behold. But then they were busy managing the traffic to even care about the victim.
The poor guy resembled one of those dead cats that got ran over in the streets. There was no blood since he was hit on the head (then again, I doubt if he still has a face). People from the other side of the street could see the dead guy.
From the looks of things, the guy was probably crossing the road in the wrong place. The bus must have accidentally hit the man. I guess the moral lesson of this experience is to be really careful whenever you cross the street (and use the pedestrian crossing).
No comments:
Post a Comment