Passing thru old Recto

Yesterday morning, I had to pick up something from a shop along Recto. So I had no choice but to brave the traffic and travel to Manila along the crowded street of Recto. Much to my surprise, the street had changed. Ever since the MRT was built, the establishments along the street have undergone a major facelift. Despite the changes in building façade, traffic is still pretty much the same.

When I reached the corner of Recto and Avenida, I noticed that a portion of old Recto was still preserved and thriving. I am talking about several old theaters (older than me) showing dirty movies – the kind where perverts and addicts hang out to enjoy adult movies.



I took a picture of a theater that was currently showing ‘Magenta’. The movie stars Julian McMahon (the actor who starred in Fantastic Four, Nip Tuck and Charmed). The billboard hanging outside the theater looked uninviting and creepy – which probably discredits the actor and the movie itself. But then again, I doubt if anyone goes into these theaters to watch the movie.

No comments: