My officemates and I would usually go down to the basement canteen to have our lunch. After we finish eating, we would take some time to relax and chat with one another. Yesterday the girls from my office were talking about inappropriate/disgusting things that men would do in public.
One of my officemates mentioned about a guy she saw carrying a battery powered razor, shaving his beard while strolling on the sidewalk, going to work. It seems rather inappropriate or strange to find someone removing his facial hair in public... unless (the girls all agreed) the guy is good looking. At least an electric razor is better than using a Gillette razor.
I then steered the conversation from inappropriate to disgusting when I told them how a guy once sat next to me on the jeep and started shaving. What made the whole experience disgusting what that the guy was using two 25 centavo coins to pluck out each strand of hair in his chin. The guy wasn't ashamed or conscious of doing anything wrong, he simply pulled out one facial hair at a time (and seemed to enjoy every moment of it).
I remembered staring at the guy, amazed at his high level of tolerance. Plucking out facial hair is very painful and this guy seems to be oblivious to the pain. The other passengers were also indifferent to what the guy was doing, despite the fact that he was publicly grooming himself in front of them.
My co-workers were totally grossed out from my story. I told them that I had completely forgetten about the incident. It was their fault for letting me remember it with their shaving in the public story.
No comments:
Post a Comment