So its the first day of December 2010 and our schedule for the month has been planned out. It seems that there are five weeks to this year's December and we'll be attending an average of 2-3 different reunions and gatherings each week.
All the planning, gift buying, and scheduling of reunions makes the holiday season even more stressful for me. Is it just me or is it getting harder (stressful) to celebrate the holidays nowadays? Sometimes I wish if it would be easier if we hold these yearly meet ups before December, like somewhere between January and November. It would save me the hassle of juggling my time and money.
It's a good thing that Jen and I will be attending our yearly spiritual retreat this weekend. I had to juggle my schedule just to find the time to join (Jen has been stressing on how we'd leave the kids over the weekend). But I guess it it worth it. All these planning and gatherings have made me lose my focus on what the holiday is truly about. This retreat is what I need to energize my spiritual life.
We'll be having our company party on the second week, as well as a small family reunion over the weekend. After that, I'll be attending two more gatherings with friends on the third weekend of the month. On the fourth week, I'll be attending a wedding and an engagement party, plus more parties.
And to make things more challenging, the kids' caretaker will be going on holiday break on the last week of the month up until the first week of January. This means Jen and I will be dealing with the two kids over the new year. There's even plans for an out-of-town vacation when Jen's brother comes home from abroad.
Here's hoping I'll survive the holidays this year. I guess if we do everything right and go with the flow, things might turn out more enjoyable (at least for me).
No comments:
Post a Comment