The other week I was looking for free technical writing courses online, or something that can help me improve my skills as a writer. I accidentally stumbled upon an MIT website that offers free online course materials.
I checked out the courses offered and realized that these were actual undergraduate and graduate classes held at MIT. The classes are divided according to different fields of study -- from engineering to health sciences, management, humanities and the arts.
There are several foreign language classes posted under the humanities and arts section, as well as a few poetry and creative writing courses. Each class has its own website, which contains the syllabus, lesson plans, and tons of reading materials that was used for the course.
Looking over the wide array of choices reminded me of my college years, when I had the chance to choose the classes I want to take as my electives. The basic technical communication course looks interesting, as well as the advance classes on technical writing for health sciences and technology. There are even specialty courses on essay writing and creating poetry on the web.
It would be a great new year's resolution to take (and finish) one or more of these courses. It would be an added treat to learn new things for free and say that you've participated in an MIT class.
1 comment:
Go to the MIT website and click the course you want to view.
A website opens containing the course syllabus and the instructor's notes for the entire class. Some courses also have exercises and sample output from the students.
Post a Comment