Visited the local Booksale store this weekend. I found a couple of interesting and affordable books -- one for me and the other one for the kids.
The first book costs 25 pesos and it is a Children's book. Written by Janan Cain, "The Way I Feel" is a picture book that talks about emotions. The book introduces young kids to feelings like "happy", "scared", "silly", "angry", "proud", and "sad". I loved the way Janan explains each emotion and the pictures enable children to quickly identify each feeling.
I bought the book (without much hesitation) because it teaches young kids how to express themselves and make them aware of what they are feeling. The book also has two pages devoted to teaching parents on how to introduce kids to their feelings -- how they should manage their anger or fears, what experiences evoke happiness or sadness, and so on.
The second book costs 75 pesos and it is an anthology of short stories about super-heroes. "Who Can Save Us Now" is a collection of superhero stories edited by Owen King and John McNally. The stories revolve around the theme of superheroes in the twenty-first century. The stories range from underachieving heroes, bizarre villains and protagonists, and reluctant superhero teams.


No comments:
Post a Comment