Once the animals were approved, I needed to convert these digital images into large drawings for the Christmas play. I searched online, hoping to find some tutorials on how to make these big illustrations.
I did find a few useful sites that can help my work, but the perfect site (for me) was blockposters.com. The site offers a three step approach to creating wall-sized posters from any size image. Obviously, the three steps are -- (1) uploading the image, (2) slicing the image, and (3) downloading the image.
The site can only slice any image file with 1MB file size or lower. I wish they could increase the file size up to 5MB or more, but we have to do with what is available to us.
So I uploaded one of my vector sheep images into the site and this is how it sliced up the image:
You must select how many pages wide you like your poster to come out. I decided to make my poster four pages wide (portrait sized). You will be able to see how your image looks like once you made the selection.
Once the image has been sliced up, you can download a pdf version of the image. You can open the pdf image using Adobe Reader and print it out with any home printer.
Another way of printing large images is with Adobe Acrobat Professional, using the Tile Large Page feature. Make sure you convert your large image into a pdf file and open the file in Adobe Acrobat Professional.
Once the pdf image is open, click File > Print. The Print window appears, showing different printing options and settings. On the Page Handling section, select "Tile large pages" from the Page Scaling option. The preview image on the right will show how your image would be printed. Click OK to print your image.

No comments:
Post a Comment