When Rico told me that Pathfinder will be coming out with its own version of Spelljammer, I thought that Paizo made the right move. Some people might get turned off with playing "space fantasy adventures", but the old Spelljammer setting had its own special allure. I had a lot of memorable Spelljammer adventures with my friends. I think it was the perfect compromise for some of my friends who wanted to play Dungeons and Dragons with the feel of Star Wars / Star Trek.

The new Paizo book is called "People of the Stars". It contains new rules for playing Pathfinder alien races, information on the celestial bodies around Golarion, new traits/spells, and a whole lot more. I hope that Paizo make an adventure path for this setting, but I don't know if that will sell.

While I eagerly wait for the release of the book, I am moderating my own expectations for the product. I would be disappointed if the book fails to include iconic space-faring races like the Neogi and the Drow. I know that WOTC has licenses over the beholders and mindflayers, forcing Paizo to create their own stellar races. I am curious on how they explain the "science" of spelljamming. Would they be using helms to power their ships? Would they have complicated rules on gravity and air supply? I guess we will find out by August 2014.
No comments:
Post a Comment