Experimenting New Old Things

With the start of a new year, I decided to rediscover some old hobbies that I used to do. There were activities that I have neglected because of things like work and family. 

A few days ago, I made some watercolor paintings. I watched a video showing how to paint a galaxy spread using watercolor pencils. It provided step-by-step instructions, such as putting the right color on the paper and applying the correct brush strokes to achieve the correct blending of colors.

 

Once I was done painting, I added some ships from Star Trek to make the painting more interesting. I might do more art projects using watercolor pencils and drawing pens in the future.

Aside from the watercolor experiment, I tinkered around with the new features of Blogger and made some adjustments to my blog. It took me awhile to figure out the new Blogspot interface. The classic templates were gone and there were a set of new templates being offered. 

One thing that I realized was that people can now read blogs using mobile phones and tablets. The old templates worked well on desktops and laptops, but they cannot work on handheld devices. The new blogger templates provide the capability to display your blog in smaller devices.

So I applied a few new templates and tinkered with the layout of the blog. I noticed that my blog took a longer time to load up with the new template. To be honest, I am not satisfied with the results. The new template was missing something that the old templates had. I might continue to play around with the blog and see if I can come up with something that I like.

 

2 comments: