Forbidden Goods in Divisoria

Jen and I went gift hunting at Divisoria today. Despite the passing of typhoon "Reming", there were a lot of people shopping at "168" and Divisoria Mall. I met up with Jen in that nameless toy mall (with the big escalator) between Divisoria Mall and Juan Luna.

There were a lot of cheap toys inside the building. Jen spent a couple of hours scouting the place, and she finally bought a toy machine gun for one of her relatives. I discovered a fake Monopoly set (obviously made in China) selling for just 150 pesos. It's a pretty cheap boardgame set, and I was tempted to buy one. But then again, I wasn't sure if the imitators got the community cards, tokens, and property cards printed correctly.

When we got out of the building, we stumbled upon a stall selling fake Legos. These fake Legos were being sold for 35, 65 and a hundred pesos. It featured sets from various Lego themes - from the Castle sets, Paradiso sets, and Lego Town.

Out of curiosity, Jen and I bought one set and examined the contents. These fake Legos were obviously patterned after the original - even the swords and horses looked like the original Lego pieces.



No comments: