The only problem is management and the people who are in charge of the project. Apparently they are the "results-oriented" type of people and don't give much concern about methodology, quality control, and production process.
And since our team is just starting out in the business, we still don't have a solid foundation to base our production process and standards for quality control.
To make our job even more interesting, the people-in-charge keep on changing their minds. Throwing suggestions and ideas without considering the impact on the production process.
My script had been revised three times already. I had to change the dialogues when one of the managers suggested to add another character into the story.
I'm not letting this negative management trait get into my system and affect my work. I know that revisions and changes are part of writing. It's an occupation hazard and I've long become detached to the stuff I write.
Sometimes I just feel like a monkey in a typewriter... working endlessly the whole day for a banana... typing and re-typing stuff... much like those faceless, nameless people in a production line. Nothing really matters, you just have to churn out scripts and storyboards all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment