The only time I return to Quiapo is when I apply for a new NBI Clearance. I have no idea why the NBI office decided to set up their office on top of a mall located near the LRT Carriedo station. I find it ironic that the country's criminal investigation office is at the heart of a place crawling with pickpockets, fixers, illegal immigrants (posing as store owners), and street vendors selling pirated DVDs.
It's easy to look for the NBI office. Just follow the trail of vendors selling ball-point pens, cedulas, and brown envelopes. These vendors would convince people to buy their trinkets, claiming that these things are required inside the office.
Once you reach the main entrance of the office, you have to pay 20 bucks to get in. Then you have to follow the line of people to pay another 115 pesos for the actual clearance.
The place looks chaotic, with over a dozen long lines. Applying for a clearance consists of a series of steps. If you don't know which step you are in, you might find yourself waiting in the wrong line and wasting your time over nothing.
I feel so fortunate to only go through the renewal process. Applying for a new clearance takes double (or even triple) the time and effort. Despite the recent "improvements" in the application process -- with the computerized kiosks and payment machines, the lines at the NBI office are still long.
I'd suggest bringing along a good book or something that would help you pass the time while waiting in the line.
No comments:
Post a Comment