Disrupted Body Clock

Aaron's sleeping and waking patterns change almost every week. It is challenging for me and Jen because his habits would change as soon as we have adjusted to his feeding, playing, and sleeping routine.

A week ago, he would go to sleep at 830-900pm and he's usually consume 6 oz of milk before that. This week, he's been sleeping around 10 to 11pm and would consume only 3 0z of milk.

I guess this is part of the baby's growth. Each week is a milestone for him - physically, mentally, and emotionally. And his adjusting to the world in his own pace.

And while he is growing, Jen and I are also adjusting to his changes. My own body clock has become erratic that sometimes I feel like I'm half awake and half asleep. I've been consuming more caffeine at work, just to stay alert and alive.

I guess that's what a parent is about -- experiencing the good and the bad in taking care of a baby. And in the end, the rewards outweigh all the problems and discomforts.

No comments: