Thanks to Paolo for introducing me to the book.
"Don't Rest Your Head" is a game where players become insomniac heroes fighting against strange enemies from a city that is only accessible to the insane and the sleepless.
With sleeplessness comes great powers. Yes, that's the trade off. You get cool psychic powers in exchange for becoming insomniacs. Aside from this, your constant state of wakefulness makes you physically exhausted and prone to madness. Your heightened sense of perception lets you interact with denizens of the Mad City.
I still have to read the book to fully understand the mechanics of the game. From the website alone, I am reminded of the Matrix and Dark City (which I think the book got its ideas). The rules appear to be fairly simple, using six sided dice to resolve conflicts and challenges.
Some of the other RPG stuff from Evil Hat looks interesting as well.
1 comment:
prone to madness. i like it already!
Post a Comment