Got a chance leave the home (and Aaron) and watch the film. It was two hours of sci-fi action, trek nostalgia and fan-boy excitement rolled into one.I'm not going to spoil the movie to those who haven't watched it yet. But I would recommend this latest Trek franchise to those who are not familiar with the series.
I like the way the writers and directors presented the story and the movie. It reminded me of DC comic's elseworld stories.. what if this thing happened instead of that... and how would things turn out if this particular event happened...
When I first heard that the next trek movie would be a story of how the original enterprise crew meet each other, part of me was expecting the retro hair styles and blinking consoles. Another part was expecting a story that dealt mostly with Kirk and Spock, with less emphasis on the other crew members. That's how I pictured the original series.
But the movie did surpass my expectations. I wish they would make another sequel to further explain what happened to the characters.
Jen seemed to like the movie too. She said that we should watch it again, to "further appreciate and understand the story".
No comments:
Post a Comment