In an attempt to amuse (and pacify) the kids, I've been downloading children songs from YouTube. Most of the songs come from classic Sesame Street episodes (like the baker's number song), Thomas tank engine music, and various theme songs from Disney channel shows.
I also noticed that Nika loves to listen to contemporary/classical Chinese music. Perhaps the rhythm or the tone of the music relaxes her, making her fall asleep much faster.
Now that I have downloaded a bunch of music files, I noticed that the sound quality of each file is different. Some MP3 have a lower volume range, while other have a higher pitch. It is difficult to play the songs as a set because I have to adjust the sound settings every time a new music is played.
One of my fellow instructional designers suggested that I use Audacity to fix the sound files. She gave me a 2.1 MB copy of the program and I quickly installed the editor in my desktop.
The GUI of the program reminded me of an old program I use to work on. For a freeware program, Audacity works well as a sound editor. I was able to adjust the volume and audio settings of all my MP3s into a standard, playable level.
My only complain is that whenever you edit an MP3 file, the program converts the file into another file type. To re-convert the file back to MP3, you have to download and install another program. It's a minor hassle, since you are working with freeware programs and the output is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment