Old Toys and New Toys

Just finished watching Toy Story 3 with the kids. I'm glad that Aaron enjoyed watching it, even though he's just two years old. I guess he loved the animation and the idea of toys moving around. He instantly recognized Mr. Potato Head since we bought him his own Mr. Potato Head months ago.


He took an instant liking to Buzz Lightyear. I was expecting he'd like Woody more. The movie made me think of the old toys I had back when I was still a kid. I had an odd collection of trucks, cars, stuffed animals, and Lego. Most of these toys got lost or broken, but the only durable ones are my Lego collection.

Aaron still plays with some of my old matchbox cars and planes. But I'm slowly training him so he can play with Lego sets when he's much older. So far he's loving my old Duplo collection -- with the old town set where he can create houses, cars, and rocket ships (with my help).

No comments: