Time Management

I'm glad to read a new post from Frugal Pinoy. She's talking about the value of time -- how much we spend our waking hours paying for the stuff we spend and the expenses we accumulate.

Even though we have made leaps in technology and improved our standard of living, most of us still find ourselves lacking personal time or quality time to spend with family and friends. We spend most of our waking hours working and toiling just to pay for the things and luxuries that we think we need to make us happy.

It would be nice to leave the rat race and re-orient yourself to live a simpler life. This probably means cutting down on expenses (from internet, cable, luxury items, fancy food...) and live with just the bare essentials. But then most of us (meaning, those that have families and kids to raise) don't have that option.

Personally I would have to make the conscious effort of managing my time, making sure that I use it wisely to do the things that are important to me -- devoting the necessary number of hours to earn money, spending quality time with the kids and wife, and having enough personal time to pursue the things that I am passionate about.

Speaking of the importance of time, I just learned that one of the stars in Big Bang Theory just landed a role in an upcoming sci-fi movie. Johnny Galecki (the one that plays Leonard) is working with Justin Timberlake to star in I'm.Mortal. The movie works on the premise that the aging gene has been turned off and people have become immortal.

I like the idea and how this new technology makes time the new world currency. People now use their own time to buy the things they need. So in this society, the rich can live on forever while the rest of humanity struggle to pay for their immortality.

No comments: