Show another video clip from Jonathan Blundell's We Live Simply blog. The video makes sense to me so I decided to post it here and share it to my friends.
Most of our electronic stuff are really 'designed for the dump' and it part of what we call an 'unsustainable materials economy'. I do have a drawer filled with old electronic chargers (from various old cellular phones and electronic parts) tangled up like a lump of furball wires.
Having owned several desktop and hand-held computers, I can imagine how much junk we throw out just to accommodate the newer and 'flashier' electronic devices.
My old Pentium III-800 desktop is still in our closet, waiting to be used. I wanted to upgrade its memory and processor so it can run faster, but when I brought it to the shop they said that there are no more parts available on this model for upgrade. The shop assistant then gave me this 'why-are-you-trying-to-fix-this-junk, you-should-just-buy-a-new-computer' look.
I figured that we as consumers should be conscious of the stuff we use and dispose. I try to resell my stuff at ebay when I decide that I don't have any use for them anymore. At least the things I re-sell are still working and I know there are a lot of people who still need them.
No comments:
Post a Comment