Even though the typhoon is gone, the weather here still looks gloomy. They say that it's just the usual monsoon rains, but I feel that it's more than just the typical downpour.
I've been listening to some old 90s music while doing my work. It's funny to equate 90s music as something old, because these were songs I heard (and loved) not so long ago. Maybe the rain is making me feel nostalgic.
One of the bands that kept playing on my desktop was the spunky Danish pop band, Aqua. I remember the time I heard "Barbie Girl" on the radio for the first time. I didn't pay much attention to it, thinking that
it was one of those hypnotic rhythmic songs that didn't make any sense. Call it the first symptoms of LSS, but my mind started playing back the song for some time. Over time, I began to appreciate the song and the other music of Aqua.
What made me appreciate the band was that their could deliver cheesy melodies and campy music videos, much like those 90s pop bands. But they also have a serious side to their songs, like "Turn Back Time".
I came across a YouTube clip of the band singing "Barbie Girl" ten years after. They looked older and more mature, I think. They still have that playful personality that has tamed down over the passing years.
I also came across one of their latest songs, "Playmate to Jesus", which has that same serious and beautiful melody like "Turn Back Time". I'm looking forward to more wonderful songs from the band.
No comments:
Post a Comment