Calm Before the Storm

Still waiting for "Reming" to hit Manila. The sun is still up, though it's partly covered by the clouds. Everyone at the office seems to be in vacation mode.

I was listening to the radio while going to work. The announcer said that the typhoon would probably arrive tomorrow morning in Manila. And this typhoon is even stronger than "Milenyo". People are supposed to be using this time to prepare for the worse storm yet.

We passed by several giant billboards at the intersection of Quirino and South Super Highway. Despite the local government's ordiance to ban the operation of these billboards, some of the structures are still up (although the ads have been lowered down in preparation for the storm). I wonder if there would be anymore billboard accidents with Reming.

The last thing I heard (from the radio announcer) is that they are hoping that the strom make a detour somewhere, so it would not strike Manila or any part of Luzon.

No comments: