I used to play L5R (Legends of the Five Rings), VTES (Vampire the Eternal Struggle), Magic, and collected other card games like Ani-Mayhem, Star Trek CCG, and Rage CCG. But I eventually sold all of them, since I ran out of storage space and money to buy more cards.
But the only CCG set that I kept was a defunct game published by White Wolf during the late 1990s. The game was released in tandem with its fifth World of Darkness game setting, namely Changeling the Dreaming.
Arcadia: Wyld Hunt and King Ironheart's Madness was White Wolf's attempt to integrate role-playing with CCG. Players must buy at least one story pack and one character pack to play.
Once the two packs are available, the player then creates a character and use the story cards to play with other players.

Players create a changeling hero by selecting a set of merits, flaws, and item cards available in the character pack.

Once the character is ready, the player (and his friends) can set up the map and assign quests to each other. The characters then take turns moving around the map, trying to fulfill their quests in order to win the game. Players can throw in waylay cards (obstacles) to make things harder for their opponents.

Here is a more detailed explanation of the rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment