For Parents and Children...

Got this from a friend... it's a short film that shows the relationship between a parent and a child...



At first I thought the father was senile since he kept bugging his son about the bird. But apparently the dad was trying to convey something deeper.

The film made me think of my relationship with my son and also my relationship with my dad. That despite how our roles and responsibilities change within the family, the more important thing is the love we feel for our family members, specially our parents.

2 comments:

rmacapobre said...

Unfortunately, in my family. we grew up away from my father. He was working abroad. I realized later how much of a sacrifice that is when I myself had to live away from them just to earn money. When papa returned, we've already gone passed that stage were fathers form bonds with their children. A necessary evil in retrospect.

I see families where fathers have constant presence and yet are still distant. Is it the patriarchal culture (for fathers to be emotionally distant from their children)?

Sunshine said...

this is nice, allan. naiyak ako.