Working in the North Pole

That's how I feel these days when I come to the office.

Whenever I enter the office building, I am always greeted by a wall of frigid air. This barrier of frozen air literally stands in front of the main entrance, and you could feel the immediate temperature drop as you step inside the building.

The temperature inside the office is a constant state of cold. I wonder how the other people manage to get by, working without jackets or sweaters. I'm already wearing my jacket and a thick bonnet to keep my head warm. But the air is still unbearable.

Someone should list "extreme cold temperature in the office" as an occupational hazard. One of my officemate complained that she was having headaches and pains on the back of her head. It seems the cold air is affecting her work performance.

Despite the discomforts in the temperature, management is still unable to fix the problem. They're having another meeting with the building administration. Unfortunately, the maintenance crew is still unable to solve the problem.

I guess the only solution I have is to buy a thicker jacket, preferably with a hood to cover my head.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

i think these are the reasons why aircon is cold in the office--specifically for call centers and those with lots of computers in the office

1. to keep people from falling asleep - if the temperature is too comfortable and it's the night shift, people will be sleeping instead of working.

2. the cold is needed to keep the computers from overheating, especially if its a 24 hour shift.

unless there are other reasons...