Longganisa Carbonara

Having purchased a kilo of Ilocos Longganisa from Kat, Jen and I thought of other possible ways to cook the longganisa.

Good thing I spoke to Merl a few weeks ago and saw her own innovative way of cooking longganisa -- by using it to create carbonara. She used it to substitute bacon in the pasta dish.

So I told Jen about it and we decided to do some culinary experimenting of our own. We bought some evaporated milk, cream, Eden cheese, pasta, mushroom, and some onion. Here's the outcome of our little food project:



So how does it taste? Still tastes like longganisa. The garlic scent was a bit overwhelming. At least the cream and the cheese added a bit of texture and flavor. I suggested to Jen that we'd add more cheese and onion next time, to improve the taste.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Allan, try adding a dash of McCormick Italian Seasoning. Add about 1/4 tbsp after sauteing the garlic so the aroma of the herbs would be released. You can add more towards the end of the cooking process if you want a stronger flavor. Happy cooking! -Merl

aschua said...

Thanks Merl! I'll tell Jen to give that a try... :D

Anonymous said...

Another tip is to add Nutmeg =) Nutmeg is the best friend of milk and cream!