My First Linux Manual

Got this book from the local Booksale store for the price of 300 pesos.



After attending lectures and reading numerous online help about Linux OS, this is my first "official" Linux manual. I think I got a good deal with the book since it focuses on three major Linux distributions: Fedora, Mandrake, and SuSE.

I think this manual is comprehensive as it attempts to cover all the basic stuff you need to know about the operating system -- from installation, interacting with Linux, using command line, file and account management, applications and programs, multimedia, internet and email, and others.

It is written for newbies to Linux and it presents information in a user-friendly way (as if the book is written for Windows Users who want to try Linux but feel intimidated by the codes and complex commands).

I'm planning to set up a Linux system in my old Pentium III-800. But I'm still deciding if I'd use Linux Mint (which I got from a computer shop for free), or download one of the three Linux OS mentioned in the book. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it Allan! Linux is niceee, nag try mag install si jameson and its really keewl