I've been rereading some of my favorite personal finance blogs and I've decided to become more conscious of my spending habits. It doesn't hurt to tighten my belt and save money, frugality is the way to go nowadays.
So far I've managed to keep my expenses down to less than a hundred a day (during work days). This does not include the transportation expenses to get me to the office and back home. I've already set a budget for gas to cover the monthly driving expenses.
For now, the biggest dent to my savings are the baby supplies. I'm spending an average of 1,200 pesos a week for each child. This money covers milk, diapers, vitamins, and other kid-related expense. It's not that much as other parents would spend, but I am trying to keep track of these expenses as well.
I know I am saving money, but I think it is not enough to cover my long term plans for the family. It would be nice to rebuild the house, add a new room for Aaron and Nika. Jen has been giving me rough estimates as to how much preschool education would cost per child. So it would be wise for me to start saving as early as now.
No comments:
Post a Comment