Easter Baptism

Nika finally got baptized on April 4, Easter Sunday. She is two months and nineteen days old.

It was a remarkable experience, watching her take this next step in her young life. The whole ceremony took place during the Easter vigil.

I would have invited friends and family to witness the occasion, but I doubt if people would make an effort to go to Church at three in the morning. It was great that Ching was able to make it to the ceremony. She really takes her godmother role seriously.

I'm grateful for everyone who helped out in preparing for the baptismal font, the flowers, and the songs. The godparents were all dressed up for the occasion, welcoming our baby girl to the Christian world. It was truly a wonderful memorable Easter celebration for my family.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

3 in the morning? wow!
welcome to the christian world nika!