Scribd

I found an interesting social networking site that focuses on publishing and reading. Scribd is a website that shares electronic documents, allowing its members to post and view documents of various formats.



The site appears to be an online ebook reader that masquerades as a social networking site. You can read the documents in the Scribd without becoming a member. But you must become a member to upload your own document. Once you become a member, you can create your own collection of favorite online documents, scribe to other users' documents, or invite other people to scribe to your documents.

I noticed the site contains numerous works of fiction, instruction manuals, drawings, and other stuff. There are a lot of pirated content as well. I bet the pirated stuff are the reason why people are signing up to this site. At least people will have another free venue for sharing content online.

No comments: