"I forgot about Cory's wake," I told my parents. "It's being held here."
"No," my mom and Jen responded. "They moved her to Manila Cathedral."
"How do you explain the traffic?"
It was eight in the evening and there were people lined up in the sidewalk, standing out in the rain. I spotted a couple of vendors selling yellow shirts with the face of the former president.
I heard about Cory's death early Saturday morning. I was at Divisoria and people kept talking about it, like it was the latest showbiz gossip:
Tindera A: "Patay na pala si Tita Cory. Dami naka-dilaw dyan sa amin." (Shop Owner A: "Cory is dead. A lot of our neighbors are wearing yellow.")A lot of people have been comparing the two presidents, judging one over the other. I remembered how people have harshly criticized Cory back when she was still president. And now that she's gone, they are treating her like a saint. Would Gloria get the same treatment?
Tindera B: "Naku pag si Gloria yan, itim yung kulay nya." (Shop Owner B: If it was Gloria, her color would be black.)
Tindera A: "Di sya tatanggapin sa langit. Buwisit sya." (Shop Owner A: She won't be accepted in heaven. @#$%!)
1 comment:
allan chua of malate! nice hearing from you. ganda blog mo. very inspiring for me to continue blogging. I do it to practice my english grammar. Hirap mag-ingles talaga. =) keep in touch!
Post a Comment